Thursday, September 13, 2012

Self Reflection

1.) I'd like to think that I hit MLA as best as I could

2.) The title "the Plunge" just kinda jumped out at me once I scored it over again, trying to work it out into what would become my final draft. What with the jumping and all... it sounded serious and a great way to get across just how I felt about my situation within my group.

3.) I could improve the essay by doing a lot of things, I'm not the best writer in the world. I had to re-write a lot of things from how it started and add some sentences here and there, but there is a lot more to this essay that I would love to put down when I have the time.

4.) Honestly, I don't want for my struggle to come across to the reader- but the warmth I felt when I finally confided in someone whom I thought would reject me instantly, but instead returned with open arms of affection. I don't know if anyone else but me got that, but I really hope so.

5.) Again, lots of things are wrong with this draft. I'm afraid that I don't possess the capacity as a writer to put the entirety of the story that is to text. I should have explained more, I should have gone in deeper with my struggle.

6.) If I went into what we did over the Beach Retreat a little more, I think that readers would have understood a little bit more of what exactly we did (and how fun of a time we had). Instead of summarizing them, I really should have divulged more.

7.) As I said before, I'd like to think that the significance was pretty easy to see at the end. Tacked on, maybe a little, but still significant.

8.) I'll admit that I should have given more back story in my final draft. Some things just didn't come across like I'd expected them to before the deadline was upon me, but others came out really nicely. The opening paragraphs are my favourite part of the whole story.

9.) I jumped from my introduction to my body paragraphs with "When most people talk to God...", and my professor commented on that. While I like it, and some others may as well, I'll admit that it's not smooth, or at least not as smooth as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment